Coupeville Community Bible Church
502 Otis Street
Coupeville, Washington 98239
Title: Senior Pastor
The congregation of Coupeville Community Bible Church is prayerfully searching for a full time senior pastor to follow our previous senior pastor of 20 years. Established in 1958, we are a small church in the town of Coupeville on Whidbey Island in Washington. Our non-denominational church is debt-free and financially stable, and is seeing growing attendance as we search for the next under-shepherd of our family. We are a blended age congregation, with blended worship style, from different denominational backgrounds who join together for one service each week with other activities throughout the week.
• Must be a born again believer of Jesus Christ
• Meets the biblical requirements of a pastor as presented in
I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, I Peter 5:1-4
• Doctrinal stance must align with our statement of belief.
• Has a God centered theology and methodology
• Preaches the inerrancy and sufficiency of the whole Word of God
• Ability to engage in multi-generational ministry
• Ability to lead the church on mission to share the Gospel of Christ with the intent to reach the unsaved
• Model the heart of the Chief Shepherd by visiting members and residents of the community, ministering to the sick and needy, and performing other duties of the pastorate
I Peter 5:1-3; I Cor 2:1-5; John 21:17
• Ability to engage, connect and garner relationships with the congregation and the local community
Education, Training and Experience:
• Prefer completion of undergraduate degree from a conservative Bible college or seminary.
• Prefer 5 years of relevant ministry experience in an established church
• Prefer 2 years of leadership experience, with sufficient references