Clayton Community Church
4494 Carlton Ave
Clayton, WA 99110
Title: Lead Pastor
Clayton Community Church
Pastoral Search Profile
Who Are We?
Clayton Community Church is a conservative, Bible-believing, Christ-centered fellowship with a long and rich history of reaching families with the love of Jesus. Nestled among small towns and a rural landscape of farms, timber, lakes and mountains, Clayton is just 20 miles north Spokane, WA. We are a diverse body of believers of varied backgrounds – some are long-time residents of the area, others are transplants. We currently have approximately 70-75 regular adult Sunday church attendees (+ children). Our summer VBS ministry serves 100-150 children annually. We have vibrant men’s and women’s ministries, along with children’s church, youth ministry, worship teams, mid-week Bible studies, dedicated times of prayer and fellowship, and seasonal community outreach events. We have experienced significant growth in recent years and are in the planning phases of a building expansion.
We are looking for an experienced, full-time lead pastor with at least 5 years of lead-pastor experience and preferred 10+ years of various church leadership background. While formal biblical education is desired and important, by itself it is not the only determining factor. Our focus is more on the attitude of a lifelong learner where formal education or experience can display educational knowledge. Our preference is for a man with some formal biblical training. Formal counseling is less important than the ability to biblically guide people through issues and tough situations. We are seeking someone who can promote spiritual development towards the ultimate goal of sending individuals out in the future. The position may require overseeing a small staff to meet current and future needs. The ideal candidate should have the demonstrated ability to manage and motivate volunteer leaders and groups. Preferably, we are looking for someone who is strong and humble with a leadership style able to delegate to others and hold them accountable. A pastor with relatable secular work experience is a plus.
Responsibilities & Character:
• Be the primary preaching and teaching elder.
• Regularly meet with the elder board to discuss church business, and to develop ministry vision and implement strategies to carry out that vision.
• Regularly meet with various ministry team leaders (paid & volunteer) to communicate vision and strategies, and help evaluate progress towards ministry goals.
• Perform usual and customary pastoral duties as needed, e.g. – weddings, funerals, visitation, etc.
• Biblically guide and counsel the church body toward godliness and growth in Christ, personally and corporately.
• Promote evangelism, discipleship and the equipping of the saints for ministry.
• Be devoted to the service of the church and outreach to the greater Clayton community.
• Love people, and be able to interact, communicate, and lead all age groups.
• Possess the attitude and qualities of a biblical shepherd (1 Tim. 3; Tit. 1; 1 Peter 5).
Total compensation package of $60-70k, depending on experience and other variables.
Along with your resume, please include the following information –
1) Your testimony of salvation, call to ministry, and ways you maintain personal spiritual growth.
2) Your goals and desires for your next ministry (and beyond).
3) Your philosophy of ministry and leadership style (including spiritual giftedness).
4) Your personal doctrinal statement.
Please send all information to Elder Chairman, Jared Lofstrom at email@example.com.
Also, please include a link to your current (or latest) church website along with an online sermon sample, if available.
see profile description