Northern Plains Youth For Christ
1218 11th St W
Williston, North Dakota 58801
Title: Campus Life Director
Join our team at Northern Plains Youth for Christ as a Campus Life Director and make an impact on Middle and High School students with the hope of Jesus Christ through fun and creative ways as a part of a dynamic team. This is a full-time salaried position that offers an insurance reimbursement, two weeks paid vacation, and the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day off.
We have a deliberate and passionate focus on youth ministry. We live out our calling to make lifelong followers of Jesus everywhere, together. We draw on each other’s strengths and help each other in our weaknesses. We pray for each other, encourage each other, and constantly provide training opportunities, through staff meetings, retreats, and YFC cohorts.
Weekly responsibilities include:
• Regular campus visits across 4 local middle and high school campuses
• Setting appointments with students individually and groups and to engage in relationship building and meaningful conversations.
• Oversight, planning and organization of weekly clubs, small groups, and Core discipleship group
• Recruiting and building the team of volunteers who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students
• During the summer maintaining relationships with students and meeting throughout the week
• Planning, organizing and leading fun summer activities and events including CAMP!
• Assist in fundraising including creating and implementing a plan for raising personal support
• Assist in planning and running fundraising events a few times per year
The Campus life director has direct ministry in Williston Middle and High School by fostering the following our five essentials:
• Widespread Prayer – We deliberately engage many Christians to intercede on behalf of the ministry site. This value needs to strategically permeate all values, areas, and actions of your daily ministry.
• Loving Relationships – We consistently pursue lost students & engage them in life-long relationships with Jesus. Campus Life uses six Relational Ministry Actions as its specialized skill set to move Loving Relationships forward: Contacting, Building Times – meeting with groups of students, Appointments, Small Groups, Club – Middle School Club and High School Club and Core.
• Faithful Bible Teaching – We accurately handle Biblical truth, regularly coaching kids to apply it in their lives. using Competent Preparation and Relevant Presentation
• Collaborative Community Strategy – We intentionally work together with local churches, agencies and other partners to provide sustainable youth and family ministry.
• Adults Who Empower – We strategically develop leaders to reach young people from every people group. Campus Life staff build and lead teams of Christians adults (and students) who are committed to investing in the relational ministry process with lost teens.
What we offer you:
• Training in a team environment. Training never ends and we do it together!
• Growth as a spiritual leader
• Opportunity to use your gifts and skills to make an impact on the next generation
Supervision and Reporting:
• Monthly reporting to Ministry Director and Community Support Team
• Weekly staff meetings and prayer meetings
• Weekly Individual meetings with the Ministry Director
• Performance reviews provided twice per year
• Opportunity to be open about your fulfillment and condition, what we can do to help and areas of growth for you.
If you are interested, please click here to fill out an application.
Knowledge & Skills
• Embraces the vision, mission and Statement of Faith of YFC
• Participation in YFC’s Blueprint for Leadership
• Understands YFC’s 5 Essentials and leads through this model
• Strong moral character and of good repute
• Connect well with youth
• Well-spoken in front of youth and adults
• Manage a team of diverse volunteers
• Honors and pursues diversity of gifts, cultures and ethnicities
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
• Good relationship building skills with adults and young people
• Perseverance through opposition and obstacles
Our cultural attributes are not about competency. It is an obedience to the call of Christ on our lives. YFC believes that spiritually healthy adults fosters healthy relationships with our kids. We place a heavy commitment and emphasis on developing and equipping a Christ-centered life marked by Enduring Humility, Relentless Trust, Joyful Camaraderie, Courageous Faithfulness and Kingdom Inspired Diversity. Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
• Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility)
• Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust)
• Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie)
• Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
• Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity)
Credentials Required & Preferred Education
• Bachelor’s Degree (not required)
• This is an entry level ministry opportunity
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
Two weeks of vacation per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30)
The week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off.
This is a great position for both experienced or entry level youth ministers. We train staff in our model of relational ministry on a team of people. We would prefer a degree, however, it is not required.