Arago Community Church
64239 Arago Fishtrap Rd
Myrtle Point, OR 97458
Title: Assistant/Youth Pastor
This full-time position really encompasses two primary roles. The Associate Pastor and the Youth Pastor. The role of this position is to work in harmony with the Senior Pastor, have a firm grasp on the purpose, values and strategy of the church and align key leadership teams with its mission.
The qualified candidate is the primary support person for the Senior Pastor and will work alongside him and the Leadership Board to carry out this mission as a member of a team. This includes assisting with service planning and design, periodic speaking, coordination of outside speakers, coordination of fellowship and outreach events, and being a touch point for missions outreach.
As the Youth Pastor you will primarily be responsible for designing, coordinating and overseeing a comprehensive youth ministry program focused on building young disciples for Christ. Areas of focus include group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. The Youth Pastor shall be an engaging spiritual leader and a Christ following role model who relies on a strong biblical background.
· Support the Senior Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church’s teaching and weekend service planning, design and execution.
· Serve as youth advocate. On a regular basis, educating and enlightening the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of the youth in the local church and community.
· Collaborate with church leaders in planning, developing and implementing all aspects of a balanced and engaging youth ministry.
· Develop and present weekly sermons as required by the Lead pastor (approx. 6-10/year).
· Function as second/back up speaker to the Senior Pastor with an “emergency sermon” always at the ready.
· Assist the Senior Pastor in the management of social media outlets and overall web presence.
· Organize and lead the church’s regional, national and international mission efforts including periodic mission trips.
· Research resources and make recommendations for developing the youth ministry programming.
· Recruit and train volunteers to work in all aspects of youth ministry.
· Ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
· Maintain accurate records of youth participation.
· Manage and compile youth ministry budget for reporting purposes.
· Communicate with church leadership, staff, parents and congregation in a timely manner utilizing available resources.
· Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for approved and scheduled sit visits with youth in variety of ways.
· Collaborate with church staff members in a cohesive and open team environment.
· Mentor youth and provide counseling and spiritual direction that aligns with church ministry strategy and plans.
· Provide oversight and direct supervision to volunteer youth leaders, youth ministry leaders and other staff and volunteers.
· Perform other ministry tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
· Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
Prefer 1-3 years of experience in youth mentoring, youth counseling, youth development plus the following job-related experience:
· Experience developing, organizing and effectively managing youth programs.
· Experience effectively working with children, teenagers, young adults and diverse groups.
· Experience exhibiting a personal and growing relationship with God.
· Experience and training related to:
• Organizing volunteer efforts
• Public relations
• Leadership skills
• Exercising discretion with confidential information
• Program/meeting planning
· Experience coordinating activities and compiling and/or disseminating information related to youth programs/events, civic activities, meeting/travel arrangements, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
· Experience interacting, advising and communicating effectively.
· Experience reading, interpreting, editing and/or extracting information from various sources including policies and procedures, program guidelines, manuals, reports, contacts, invoices and correspondence.
Required: 2-3 years of formal Bible training.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from accredited Seminary or Bible College.
Experience in lieu of education will be considered for the right candidate.